ACCOUNTABLE TO: Superintendent
MINISTRY PURPOSE: The primary function of the Maintenance Coordinator is to support the ministry of
Grace Lutheran Church and Christian School by performing general maintenance and repairs for assigned
equipment and facilities including basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry and other general repair person
skills. This position would coordinate a janitorial team and provide disinfecting and clean-up duties as
needed during the day.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Open facility Monday – Friday.
2. Sets up facilities in preparation for weekend worship services and other approved special events.
3. Completes daily work orders and requests.
4. Set-up for events and functions on the campus for ministry events.
5. Basic knowledge and skills needed to maintain electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and mechanical
6. Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician.
7. Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs.
8. Order parts and supplies as needed and keep the work area clean and organized.
9. Delivers supplies and takes inventory (i.e. paper products, restroom and breakroom supplies,
etc.) as requested.
10. Clean and disinfect at prescribed intervals throughout the day.
11. Coordinate and oversee the janitorial team by creating schedules and checklists for them to use.
12. Leaf blow and wash outside areas regularly. Includes power washing as needed.
13. Respond to emergency clean up requests.
14. General monitoring of the property to ensure safety and security.
15. Assist staff and ministries as requested.
16. Additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
17. Able to communicate clearly verbally, in writing in a kind manner.
18. Must be able to self-direct daily work to maximize effectiveness and responsiveness. Organize
daily workload and prioritize as needed.
19. Able to manipulate hand and power tools effectively and safely to complete work.
20. Willing and able to learn new methods of providing service. Seeks out new ways to accomplish
tasks more effectively.
21. Communicate with supervisor or leadership when outside or when additional help is needed.
22. Works to anticipate and resolve problems before they become too large.
23. Coordinates and maintains regular schedules for work on campus and log when completed.
24. Working knowledge of email and use of web-based tools. Excel spreadsheet knowledge is a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS: Previous maintenance or repair person experience preferred, with successful
experience leading others. Must be a team player, working together with the Church, Elementary School,
and Preschool. Knowledge of (or willingness to learn) basic methods, practices, equipment, tools, and
materials used to perform semi-skilled maintenance and construction work. Good communication skills,
English language is a must and bilingual (Spanish) is desired.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Sufficient stamina to stand, walk, sit,
climb, kneel, crawl, reach, twist, crouch, squat, balance and bend to install, repair or construct materials
and equipment on a daily basis eight to ten hours a day; strength to regularly transport objects weighing
up to 75 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds; mobility to climb and descend ladders; subject to
working in high and precarious places; sufficient finger dexterity to grasp, push, and pull hand and power
tools and heavy equipment and objects; sufficient stamina to perform heavy manual labor on a daily
Maintenance Coordinator – updated May 2021
basis; sufficient dexterity to work in confined areas; sufficient hearing and speaking to give and receive
instructions; and vision sufficient to read fine print.
Work is subject to exposure to dust, dirt, odors, noise, vibrations, heights, electric shock, poor
ventilation, chemicals, fumes, solvents, and gases. Work is conducted occasionally in adverse weather
conditions and is performed in both indoor and outdoor environments. This job generally requires 10%
sitting, 45% walking, and 45% standing. Work is subject to overtime with a schedule that may involve
assignments on either Saturday or Sunday as determined by the needs of the ministry.
Maintenance Coordinator Job Description